The 2015 edition of Baltimore Innovation Week features more than 50 events. The full calendar of events can be found in the Baltimore Innovation magazine. Pick one up at the SmartLogic office or check it out online.
- Innovation Crawl : We're taking a walking tour of 8 different businesses to scope out what they're doing that's new, different, innovative and exciting. Expect refreshments at each stop!
- Kick-off Festival with The Gathering: For the third year, Baltimore Innovation Week is partnering with The Gathering food truck coalition to kick off the week with an outdoor festival. Come hungry! There will be food trucks, entertainment, cool tech to play with and more!
- TEDxMidAtlantic: TEDxMidAtlantic 2015 will celebrate the intersections that are building a world of abundance while challenging us to pick a direction that will shape our nation — and our world — for the rest of the century.
- The Women in Tech Summit : The Women in Tech Summit is the only women in technology conference that provides attendees with a unique combination of deep-dive, hands-on tech workshops, information and discussions about careers in tech and how to pursue them, and connection and networking opportunities with other women in various careers in technology. Plus, SmartLogic is sponsoring!
- Rise of the Rest : Baltimore is the first stop on the upcoming #RiseoftheRest road trip, which highlights and invests in emerging companies outside of NYC, SF and Boston. Steve Case (Co-founder of AOL and CEO of Revolution) is hosting the tour and inviting local companies to pitch for a chance at $100,000.
- Ignite Baltimore : At every Ignite Baltimore, 16 artists, technologists, thinkers, and personalities take the stage to answer this challenge. Our goal is to spark new conversations and collaborations across cultures and disciplines.
- September StartUp Soiree : Startup Soiree is a meetup focused on creating meaningful conversations among business founders and owners within the local startup community. The meetup focuses on bridging the gap between industries. Plus, SmartLogic is sponsoring.
- How to Build a Successful Startup in Baltimore : Join us for an energized breakfast conversation with Chris Brandenburg, former CTO of Millennial Media and Chris Jeffery, CEO of OrderUp. P.S. OrderUp and event presenter Kinglet are SmartLogic clients.
- SmartLogic AMA Slack chat: Join SmartLogic’s Brian Sierakowski for an “Ask Me Anything” session in the Technical.ly Slack channel.
- Dev Talks: Join us for an afternoon of high-level dev talks focused around problem solving and innovative solutions. There will be a mix of 10 minute lightning presentations and 20 minute more in-depth talks. SmartLogic Developer Eric Oestrich is giving a talk on Kubernetes.
- Quizzical Conversations: The Baltimore Innovation Week panel will discuss the perils and successes of public education in the city, the role of technology in the classroom, and ways the public and private sectors can work together to drive meaningful change for the future of education in Baltimore and beyond. Quizzical Conversations is hosted by our awesome client NewsUp.
- Beta City: Betamore, Plank Industries, Startup Maryland and Technical.ly Baltimore present Beta City: an annual event that brings together Baltimore’s greatest minds for a full day of live pitches, startup demos and a celebration of our growing community. SmartLogic is excited to sponsor this event.
- Entrepreneur Boot Camp: Geared towards early stage entrepreneurs, this fast-paced boot camp will feature experts ready to teach you the basics of starting your business. SmartLogic’s Yair Flicker and Brian Sierakowski will teach you how to build your startup’s team.
- Lunch and Learn: Workshop your Business: These Lunch & Learn workshops are perfect for the early stage business owner looking to get specific feedback and advice for their business. Brian and Yair will be holding a session on “How to hire technical talent.”
Follow SmartLogic on Twitter to keep up with the SmartLogic team during Baltimore Innovation Week.