Season 11 Kickoff: The Hosts Discuss Branching Out from Elixir to Compare Notes
About this Episode
Published October 19, 2023 |
Duration: 32:21 |
RSS Feed |
This season's conversations will illuminate how problems are solved in different languages vs. Elixir; upcoming episode topics teased include education, data processing, deployment strategies, and garbage collection; the hosts express excitement for conversations analyzing similarities and differences between communities.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- Season 11 branches out from Elixir to compare notes with other programming communities
- Sundi, Owen, and Dan introduce the season theme and their interest in exploring these conversations
- The Wizards compare and contrast differences in their personal experience building similar things with different languages
- Dan dreams in Ruby and uses it for quick prototypes
- Comparing problem-solving approaches across languages will reframe perspectives
- Upcoming episodes explore data processing workflows, machine learning, and game development
- Pop Quiz: Who's that Pokémon... or language, or framework?