Before diving into 2016, take a look back at what was most popular on the SmartLogic blog this year. Maybe one of our posts will inspire you to learn a new skill or make a New Year's resolution:
- Organizing Your Android Development Code Structure: How to develop a code structure to keep your Android development projects organized.
- iOS App Development with DTCore Text: Rendering HTML as App Content: Why and when your ios app development should include DTCoreText to render HTML as app content.
- Software Development 101: The process of writing code: Best practices, tactics, and tools for writing clean code
- Using Pull Requests to Improve Code Quality, Process, and Skills: How to use pull requests for a more stable product, better code, and a team that’s continuously learning more.
- Software Development 101: Backlog Management: When building a new product or upgrading software, you need to prioritize your wants and needs, and maintain a healthy development backlog.
- Building an App Development Team: Insource, Outsource, or Hybrid: When you need to build an app development team for a new product (or to ramp up/change an existing project), you should carefully consider three different approaches to building your team.
- SmartLogic Studies: A New Interview Series for Tech Leaders: SmartLogic introduces a new series, SmartLogic Studies. The first video features Baltimore-based technology leaders and how to get first-round of funding
- How to Test PDF Content with Capybara: How to use Capybara for testing. Features involving PDF documents can be challenging to test, even more so when using typical Rails testing tools.
- Installing PostGIS 1.5 on PostgreSQL 8.4 on Ubuntu: Tips on how to install PostGIS 1.5 on PostgreSQL 8.4 on Ubuntu
- How to Build a Development Team: Mixing Outsourcing and Insourcing: Tips and advice for outsourcing your development team. At SmartLogic, we have found that the exchange of knowledge and ideas between in-house and outsourced developers can be extremely beneficial for any product or company.
Keep up with SmartLogic and what we have planned for the new year. Follow us on Twitter.